Hi and welcome to a modern group of assistance to those headphone inquiries. Ever wanted to learn about something headphone, earpiece or headset related? Now is your opportunity. Due to a great deal of questions we are so often asked, we have dipped into our mailbag and picked up the 9 most significant (and most often submitted) inquiries. Enjoy.
Oh, by the way, if your query isn’t below, then simply mail us an message and come back in a few… you could find it featured within the next series. Thanks.
Part 6: What is a delightful activity headphone?
This can be a slight discrepancy on our preceding article, however it’s worth reading into it as a separate piece.
Whereas, in the aforementioned article, we checked out what were the very best headsets to purchase for sports and working out, now we’re shining an exploratory light on what it can be for which you’re actually looking for.
So, with this at heart, we’ve created using the top 5 criteria that you must consider before purchasing your headphones for the gym, jogging or coaching of any kind. Here goes:
1) Staying Motionless: It is quite hard to have a proper workout whenever you continually have to regulate your headphones. Headphones that shake or slide are a constant supply of annoyance if you’re running or doing cardio training of any kind. ‘Headband’ style earphones and large cans usually are a very poor selection for exhausting activity, unless they are specially designed for it, and that means you’re far better off with ear buds or some other form of inner ear phones if you’re planning on moving about.
2) Perfect Playback: There’s nothing more irritating than music that skips around like an 8-track tape player with Parkinson’s and many headphones simply cannot take the pace. Inexpensive headphones won’t have shock absorbers built in and, as such, will break quite easily, causing the sound to skip or fade in and out. You’re top bet would be to get a pair with built-in shock absorbers.
3) Noise Reduction: Noise cancellation headphones produce a bit of white noise around the speaker that drowns out most outside sound. This really is great for jogging past road works, sirens and arguments or ignoring the soulless techno crap they play in the sports center in a vain attempt to ‘motivate’ one.
4) Sturdy Design: These earphones are going to be bouncing around with you and they are prone to live quite a harsh life. In truth, speakers are very vulnerable gear and little tiny ones much more so. You want to be sure that whatever speakers you purchase are well looked after, a strong body and a tough outer casing are good, as may be the thick rubber ‘gummy’ design that is trendy with athletes.
5) Sweat Proofing: When the Human body exerts itself, it sweats. It’s a natural purpose and its in fact quite critical for maintaining body temperature (even if it does not make you smell too appealing afterwards!). However, sweat, like any other liquid, can badly damage some headsets. Look out for ‘sweat proof’ models or those having a ‘sweat guarantee’ so as to really get the best out of the headphones. Keep in mind also to wash them frequently using a dry cotton bud, just to get the very best functioning out of them.